From a shamanic perspective, it is out birth-right to be strong, healthy, grounded and on track. Spend a few minutes with any 4 year old and you’ll see these qualities shining through – unapologetically. It’s as we get older and we’re ‘educated’ and ‘socialised’ that we start to judge certain emotions, feeling and states of being. & in suppressing these things, we hang on to them, creating unhelpful blocks.
To reboot and come back to a place of health, calm and inner strength, we need to let go of what doesn’t serve us. Our culture is predicated on education and we can think that we need to improve ourselves by learning new skills and tools. However from a shamanic perspective, to re-attain inner balance, we simply need to strip back and detox excessive mental chatter and long-held emotions that we haven’t found a way to express in the moment – both of which manifest as stuck internal energy. The external world follows the internal – in other words, if you’re feeling angry all the time because you’ve clocked up a number of experiences over a few years that have given rise to this emotion, you tend to experience difficulties that cause you to get angrier and angrier in day-to-day life. Once this inner anger is released, you’ll feel differently about yourself and life, and you’ll notice that life flows with greater ease and grace.
Below are some pointers to help you handle challenges more successfully:
The important thing with fear is not to run away, or freeze! Fear is very different to anxiety and it is your intuition telling you that all is not well – so, for example, if you feel fear around a new relationship in your life, it would suggest the relationship might not be all it’s cracked up to be in the initial stages. Don’t act straightaway, but remember our intuition is always a foolproof way of navigating life so it’s really important to listen to it. If you feel fear about something or someone, slow down and pay attention to what’s going on.
All emotions come from an original thought or perception. Pay attention to your thinking – be mindful and conscious about your beliefs.
The easiest way to be mindful is to do a combination of the following:
- Guided visualisation – an easy start is to spend 2 minutes (set a timer) simply focusing on the breath. An alternative is to check out my free visualisation at annahunt.com
- Head out into nature – spending time in green spaces and the countryside automatically decompresses us and gives us a healthier perspective on emotions that are troubling us
- Sound work – music naturally shifts how we feel.
- Again, heading into nature works wonders for shifting blocks
- Also working with crystals can help as their energy can help us balance out and come back to inner equilibrium.
- Sound work – I use a lot of music in my work as it’s a powerful transformer of blocks coming from emotional congestion or excessive mental chatter.
- Finally, plant medicines provide the quickest most powerful way to detox and let go of blocks – even long-held baggage. See: https://www.annahunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Harpers-Bazaar-July-20111.pdf and https://www.annahunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/red-magazine-sept-2013.pdf
Grounding is key to boost confidence as when we’re grounded, we automatically feel strong and centred.
- Going for a walk in a green space MINDFULLY is the easiest way to ground.
- Include a digital detox to make yourself much more present. This massively boosts the effect.