Pancake Day is most definitely up there with one of our foodie holidays of the year. With endless options to choose from, the (pancake) world really is your oyster. We’re saving you from having to navigate the minefield of crepes and American stacks with an EPIC recipe from two of our favourite brands: Matcha Now + Nush Foods. These can easily be made vegan by switching out the egg for a flax / chia egg + are just beyond moreish we can hardly cope. You can hardly go wrong- ten simple steps to the best stack of your life! So flipping delicious you’ll want them for breakfast, lunch + dinner (no judgement here.)
100g GF Brown Rice Flour
40g Teff Flour
40g Buckwheat Flour
1 ½ tsp. Baking Soda
120ml Oatly Milk
180ml (1/2 bottle) of your freshly twist’n’shake Matcha NOW
Maple Syrup (to taste)
White chocolate pieces:
350g cacao butter
180g coconut oil
100g coconut blossom sugar
1 ½ tsp. bourbon vanilla
Nush Caramel & Hibiscus yoghurt
1. First, we need to make the white chocolate that’s going to adorn your pancakes. To do this pop a pan of water onto boil. Place a heatproof bowl on top of the saucepan (unless you have a double boiler) + add the cacao butter.
2. Once this has gently melted, add the coconut oil and stir continuously with a whisk to ensure the mixture does not stick and burn – we wouldn’t want that!
3. Add in the tahini and continue to stir.
4. Take off the heat and combine the vanilla and coconut sugar.
5. After this is all completely mixed, pour into a lined tray, cover and stick in the freezer to set.
6. Now for the pancakes! Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (or blender), then create a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients.
7. Mix together until the batter is fully combined and smooth – we don’t want any lumps.
8. In a pan, melt a dollop of coconut oil (or another oil of your choice) on a medium-high heat + add a ladle of your pancake mix- let it cook for around 1 minute depending on the size of pancake.
9.. Then, time for the fun bit, get flipping and cook for the same on the other side.
10. Pile your finished pancakes high and serve with lashings of Nush Caramel & Hibiscus yoghurt, your delicious homemade white chocolate pieces, pistachio nuts and sliced fruit. Time to tuck in – YUM!