This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by Alternatively Healthy London Ltd.
For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The data controller of your personal information is Alternatively Healthy London Ltd.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which includes:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method(s), and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- information when you choose to provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to:
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- communicate with you concerning our service so that we can send you news about Alternatively Healthy, details about new features and content available on Alternatively Healthy, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications will be via email.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and use it. We will normally collect personal information from you where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, to provide our services to you), where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for example, our direct marketing activities in accordance with your preferences), or where we have your consent to do so (for example, for you to participate in certain consumer insights activities like specific surveys and focus groups).
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Alternatively Healthy London Ltd: We share your information among the Alternatively Healthy family of services as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements; content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service and to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Partners: As described above, you may have a relationship with one or more of our Partners, in which case we may share certain information with them in order to coordinate with them on providing the Alternatively Healthy Masterclass Series service to members. For example, depending on what Partner services you use, we may share information:
- in order to facilitate Partner collection of payment for the Alternatively Healthy Masterclass Series service for distribution to us;
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In the case of the Alternatively Healthy Masterclass series, these third parties will consist solely of our experts. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
Emails. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email simply access the unsubscribe function at the bottom of our emails to submit removal from our mailing.
Please note if you sign up to multiple masterclass’ from the Alternatively Healthy Masterclass series, you will need to unsubscribe from each one as each of these sign ups are individual for GDPR compliance reasons.
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
You can most easily do this by visiting the “update your preferences” at the bottom of any emails you receive from us, where you have the ability to access and update the information we hold about you including your contact information.
To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Please also see the “Your Choices” section of this Privacy Statement for additional choices regarding your information.
You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information; if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time; withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent; you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information
We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honor your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the Alternatively Healthy servies after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the Alternatively Healthy service. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the “Last Updated” section below.
Last Updated: September 2019